Match made in heaven!
MagnetPaint & BlackboardPaint; this match made in heaven goes hand in hand with your creative ideas!
There are endless ways to give your home a new look with accessories, a little bit of paint, or a restyling of your furniture. But have you ever thought about giving your kitchen a complete new look in an easy way with a small budget?
Well, there we have MagPaint’s BlackboardPaint. This paint is available in 8 pretty colors, but you can also use the ‘Any color’ variant and apply it with your own mixed color! If you really want to go all the way, you should apply MagnetPaint underneath. Then the wall of your kitchen is immediately attractive to magnets and therefore useful for all your notes and postcards.
Would you like to give your kitchen a simple but different look? Just chalk your best drawings or put up your groceries shopping list on the wall. You can also think about a huge ‘drawing sheet’ on the lower cabinets for your kids! Just an easy and fun way to customize it yourself!
Perhaps you have already, consciously or maybe unconsciously, seen it pass by, because it is very striking; Living Coral is the color of the year 2019.
It is a coral shade that is lively, yet soft. With a slight golden undertone it also has something like a copper look.
With the color Living Coral you can go all the way this year. Both as in your interior, but also in clothing, hair and make-up and home accessories. Do you dare to paint your walls in your bedroom or living room with this color? Or maybe you would rather apply it a bit less daring and let the color rather come back in pillows, plaids or paintings.
Not completely convinced yet? The color is cozy, spicy and attractive. It is a very welcoming color and stimulates airiness. The color will increase your optimism!
If you are ready for something new in your interior, you can easily repaint your MagnetPaint wall in Living Coral.
Scroll trough Pinterest and hang beautiful pictures of nature, for example of an ocean or jungle. You can even do this by using some of MagPaint’s Magnets and you have a completely new look in your interior!
To make it a bit easier, I have collected some nice images on Pinterest which will inspire you to use the color Living Coral in combination with MagnetPaint in your own interior.
Have fun making your interior spring proof!
A new year filled with new possibilities and opportunities!
At the start of a new year we usually like to start making and pursuing our good intentions. Often we have already thought about the things that we want to change or do differently in the coming year. How can we help you to make these good intentions easier and much clearer?
By painting a ‘calendar’ with your family, friends, roommates or colleagues with MagPaint’s SketchPaint it gives you, besides a new masterpiece on your wall, also insight into each other’s daily lives. And… how motivating is it to pursue your good intentions through a little help from your loved ones by leaving a small note or message for one another?
By painting a wall with SketchPaint in for example, your kitchen; you transform your wall into a huge shared calendar. You never have to search for your lost planner again! Now you have your personalised planner wide and clear on your own wall. And if one of your good intentions didn’t come out completly then you can at least erase it quickly without one of your roommates or colleagues noticing it 😉
Check the Pinterest board next for more ideas or inspiration with MagPaint’s SketchPaint. Good luck with your good intentions!
Have you ever thought of painting your ordinary, somewhat boring wine glasses to transform them in customized ones? It looks awesome on your set dinner table for Christmas, and it’s the perfect solution for lost glasses at a party because you can write names on it! It’s also a great activity to do with children on a rainy Sunday afternoon or during holidays. And although you won’t let your kids drink wine of course, it looks cool with lemonade too! Cheers!
What do you need?
- Wine glasses
- Painter’s tape
- Disposable cup
- Put a piece of painter’s tape around the bottom of the stem to create a straight line;
- Pour some of MagPaint’s BlackboardPaint in the disposable cup;
- Dip the bottom of your glass gently into the BlackboardPaint, till it reaches the tape. This can get a bit messy, so let the excess paint drip off first. If you like, you can also apply the paint to the glass with a little brush;
- Turn your glass upside down on top of a piece of paper and let it dry;
- Carefully peel off the tape;
- Now it’s time to personalize your glass and write your names on it with a chalk.
You can personalize so many everyday home items with MagPaint’s BlackboardPaint. Think of a menu board, cutting boards, mason jars, vases, placemats. So many options! For more inspiration, please check MagPaint’s Pinterest board.
How to make a magnet calendar!
Your child’s masterpiece, photo’s from back in the days or special notes are just a few things who are worth to hang at your wall.
With my tips and tricks you can design your own magnetic calendar or, for the ones who like to create something huge, a full magnet wall!
MagPaint’s MagnetPaint is perfect to create this magnetic calendar super easily. Because the paint contains tiny iron particles the paint becomes magnetic and magnets can stick to the wall.
MagnetPaint is a dark grey colored paint which is best to apply in at least three layers for optimal strength. Do you have some paint left? Use it for extra magnetic strength.
For the fourth and last/top layer you can choose any color you like. For example; combine it with MagPaint’s BlackboardPaint. Now you can practice and show your handlettering skills in combination with a magnetic wall!
The magnet calendar can be made in a few steps:
- Ensure that the surface is smooth, clean, dry and free from dust;
- Tape the outside lines of your surface in any desired shape. If you like to make this calendar, you use masking tape at the outlines and tape lines at the inside so you create ’squares‘ which are paintable;
- Mix the MagnetPaint thoroughly as possible so the iron particles are mixed well;
- Apply layer by layer with a roller, and make sure you apply three layers of MagnetPaint.
- To finish it you can paint it over with a layer of MagPaint’s BlackboardPaint, now you have your own magnetic chalkboard calendar.
- Once the paint is dry and you are satisfied, you can remove the tape and stick it with notes or messages!
It’s a creative way to give your workspace a restyling or extra touch. Easy to make, lovely to watch and use! Enjoy!
Chalkboard art: yes you can!
You’ve probably seen them in your favourite shop or restaurant; those amazing handlettering designs on chalkboards. I always make a quick snapshot with my iPhone when I see one of those jealous making designs, so I can use it as inspiration to chalk an even greater (I hope!) design on my own wall.
It might seem a tough job but wait till you see the awesome results! I love to share some of my tricks that I have learned along the way, to help you create the coolest designs. Please remember: with a chalk in your hand and a little bit of patience there’s an artist in all of us!
My tips and tricks:
- To begin: find a wall or other surface in your house to apply MagPaint’s BlackoardPaint on.
- Check Pinterest for awesome designs! It is full of creations to give you an inspiration boost. And don’t forget to use Dafont.com for fonts you like to try yourself.
- Mix and match some fonts! For example: combine a bold and blocky font with a script font or a romantic handletter.
- Draw your design on a piece of paper first, so you can estimate what the proportions will be and if something is symmetrical or centered. Keep sketching until you like what you see.
- In my opinion, a piece of art on your wall sketched with old fashioned chalks creates a beautiful, traditional look. With sharp chalks you get a neater result. Magpaint chalks are available in different colours, perfect for every style!
- Time for some finetuning? Use water and cotton-tips to clean up any spots that are a little smudged. No worries, Magpaint blackboardpaint is really easy to erase.
- After all: have fun! There is no right or wrong way to do chalkboard art. It’s supposed to be fun. Try it as creative therapy after a long day of work, or use it for quality-time with your little ones. And in the end; if you don’t like your art, a damp cloth is your favourite tool! Enjoy!
Let your creativity run wild while chalking at the walls of your own interior!